Translate

All About Me


My name can be as complicated as I am. With an often misspelled name, many have subjected me to an ambiguous impression leading to misinterpretations and misconceptions. Perhaps, that makes me an abstruse subject to construe. 

Trapped in this world surrounded by grudges and bitterness, I could be as resentful and despicable as I could be. Yet, my life is not just all about me.


I was placed on this earth for a greater cause, a higher call to be an ambassador of the Almighty One. This, therefore, constrains me to live in the liberty of my flesh. For this reason, the things that I do, I should not; the things that I don't do, that I should do. 


Hence, the days of my youth have been all about preparing myself to be equipped for Christ's commission. That means living a life with a constant battle between my selfish desires and the Holy Spirit. Oftentimes in my immaturity, I fail to follow His leading allowing myself to be blinded by the cares of this world. But by His grace, God never ceases to direct my eyes towards the Author and Finisher of my faith that I may grow in His wisdom and knowledge.


The process of growing is still present. I am to endure scorching trials, a fire that chastens and purifies molding me to be fit for the Master's use. I have to withstand against the wiles of the evil.


Impossible it may seem to walk perfect and blameless with all the adversaries who would never in any way desist to provoke me to fall into the temptations of this corrupted world, I am resolved to keep this vessel of mine pure and acceptable that I may be well-pleasing in the sight of the Lord.


Having the purpose in my heart to represent Him all the days of my life, my name is bearing His image, no longer mine. 



Comments

  1. Not I, but Christ, be honored, loved, exalted,
    Not I, but Christ, be seen, be known and heard;
    Not I, but Christ, in every look and action,
    Not I, but Christ, in every thought and word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's not really "All About Me", but all about the One who loved you and gave himself for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, because all about me is all about Him. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts