Translate

27 Years of Answered Prayers

At a very young age, I have learned to believe that there is God who listens to my small voice. Growing up God gave me godly parents who taught me how to pray. I started with a simple prayer a little girl could say with a pure heart.

Years passed and I have come to fully understand the importance of prayer in my life. Stepping into adulthood troubles and worries became part of life and I began having long serious prayers. Yet, my prayer life was not perfect. I remember those days when life gets tough and things seem so hard to bear. Hence, my faith would fall short and would not pray. In my immaturity, I had vain prayers. Sometimes I would be in tears when praying. Other times I would pray with a bitter heart.

In all those years of inconsistent prayers, God remained as the Heavenly Father who listened to my small voice. Over the years He would show me day by day how He can do a mighty work even with my little faith. Each day of my life I see new in the greatness of God. I have witnessed His power from a simple answered prayer to my challenging battles that were won. His answer to my petitions would always be far beyond my comprehension. Surely, nothing is impossible with God.

Despite having victories through prayers, circumstances in life go on and the struggle to pray comes around once again. This time the Lord is teaching me to pray intently for His will in my life regardless if it is easy to obey or not. It was a burden. Obeying God is denying yourself. And oftentimes that means many will be against you and hate you.

The weight on me was grave as I pray for God’s help to obey Him. I knew the consequences if I choose to obey God and accepting it is not going to be easy. To my comfort, I was not alone. Jesus Christ also felt the heaviness of praying intently for God’s will. In His prayer, He said, “O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” (Matthew 26:39) Christ’s prayer in His darkest hour compels me to leave everything behind if I am to obey God’s will in my life.

During the struggle, the Lord affirmed me of His love, the love I will never find elsewhere. With His satisfying love, I had the strength to leave everything behind and the burden was lifted up. I was astonished at how God answered my prayer.  Thankfully, the Lord provides the answer in His sovereignty and not how I want it to happen.

© Faye Marie Dormido, April 12, 2017 
God has been faithfully listening to my prayers each time I talk to Him. Today, I am blessed with twenty-seven years of answered prayers. And I am counting more years of experiencing God’s great wonders in my life.



Comments

  1. This stirred my heart and convicted me of my current prayer life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts