Translate

Becoming A Masterpiece

Like a blank canvas, my life turns into beauty when painted by God's hand. It was once without worth until the Painter began His work.



On the white surface, lines and curves are sketched meticulously according to His design. It was Him who fashioned my beginning, my present, my future, and my end. He determines the value and hue as He is the Maker of them all. He knows which colors would perfectly blend to bring out the right shade He intended to use. He carefully planned and organized every inch of detail even before my conception.


With His skillful hand, the brush touches my canvas performing a breathtaking piece of art. Each stroke is remarkable. His technique is impeccable.

  
circa 2014
Beautifying my life, He splattered dark colors around. He tinted me with sufferings, adversity, trials, and difficulties making me feel tarnished. Because of my ignorance of His workmanship, I was tempted to take over the paintbrush.

Centering my attention on the darker areas, I forgot that the Master of aesthetics sees an incomparable beauty in dark colors. Only He can reveal my full potential to perfection. He delicately painted my life with challenges that taught me to trust in Him who will accomplish His masterwork.

When I began to acknowledge that He is the Painter and I am the canvas, He added shadows and value contrast to bring out love, joy, and peace complementing them with longsuffering, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance. His deft hands emphasized contentment and thankfulness in the composition.


Created to be His oeuvre, I had to be stretched across the wooden frame and embrace each element purposefully placed in my life. 

year-end, 2017
While time brings another year, the Artist is working steadily. He will not put down the paintbrush until this life exhibits the image of His glory. Adorned by His graceful hands, I will soon become His beautiful masterpiece. 

Comments

Popular Posts