Translate

Trails to Explore In A Book

I miss my outdoor adventures. That freedom to travel with my backpack and be part of a journey. But with the situation around the world, restrictions on movement have been imposed to prevent the diffusion of the coronavirus. Under these new normal circumstances were the mandatory protocols and requirements for travelers. Until COVID-19 has brought under control, it would be best to stay at home.

But who says my adventure has to stop? Instead, I found myself taking a trip from one destination to another. That's right. Digging into the books, I felt like traveling across the globe inside my mom's mini-library. 

Today, one particular book caught my eye. "Trails to Explore" was the given title of the book, published by A Beka Book. Inside were short stories about going to the West, finding a home in Canada's Yukon Territory, the bravery of the Hawaiian queen, the search of the Nez Perce Indians for the Book of Heaven, the survival of a boy who got stranded on an island, the floating book found by a Japanese soldier of Nagasaki, sending an astronaut into orbit around the earth, and so much more. 

As I was close to finishing the book, I flipped the page to the poem written by G. Kearnie Keegan. 

I had to pause for a few moments to think about these words. This poem perfectly describes the purpose of my travels and adventures. More often than not, the destinations get the highlight. But to admire the awe-inspiring places is not the reason why I travel. I explore and experience the beauty of creation to tell the world about the Creator. He who formed the entire universe should be exalted, for His Name alone is excellent, and His glory is above the earth and heaven. (Psalm 148)

Reaching the end of the book, I placed it back to the shelf. It felt like coming back from an incredible adventure. Soon, I'll be out again on real adventure travels to see God's creation in all of His magnificence and splendor.

Comments

Popular Posts