Translate

30 Years, 30 Pages



It's more than just the printed colors. Each page reflects the longings of a girl's heart, whose mind has questions about life and existence. From heartbreaks was the birth of every stanza; each line from trying to understand the depths of these longings and discovering self in different seasons of life.


When I look back at the trails I've been through, the occasion calls for a challenge to do something I never tried before. That's how I decided to make a poetry book I've always wanted to have.


Pushing myself through the laborious process of completing the book, I knew I would hear questions like "Why spend time and effort making that book?" or "Who's going to read your book?" 


The why is a legit question but, at times, the hard one to answer. Maybe no one would be interested in reading poems written by an unpublished author. But I know why I had to finish this book. 


Because one day, when I no longer have the strength to walk and run, the end of the trails will be near, and my life's journey will soon be over. On that day, it will be easy to forget. 


When that day comes that the wooden bed awaits, I will open this book and let my heart overflows with praises and thanksgiving to the Captain of my life's adventure. It will be a day of celebration as this book awakens my memory of how incredible it has been to walk the course of life with Him. With my last breath, I will again adore Him as I remember how He guided me to the right path when I was lost, carried me through when I wanted to give up, and gave me comfort in times of failure and defeat. 

I may not have a bag of jewels or a prestigious award to be proud of at the end of my days, but this book I leave behind will be the testimony of God's faithfulness in my life. 

That day could be tomorrow or years from today. Who knows? But when it's time for me to go Home, I will close this book with a grateful smile.




Comments

Popular Posts